Re: [LUG] Wireless mouse

On 25/01/11 16:02, Robin Cornelius wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I have been having a clear out, well a start anyway. I came across a brand
new never used wireless mouse, AMI 2505.

So two questions please. Could it be made to work on Linux (either Kubuntu
Hardy or Mint v 9)?

According to online docs its just a PS2 wireless, so that should just
work. But even if its USB based, it will just report as a USB HID
device and just work. I've even found the battery monitoring works on
most wireless mouses out of the box, but certainly normal mouse
functions will just work.

Robin

Thanks for the quick reply. It is indeed a PS2 wireless mouse and I have just realised that my laptop does not have a PS2 port. As for the desk top, well it was built for me some years ago and I have forgotten if it has a PS2 port. I must scramble round the back and check.

Or would a PS2 to a USB converter do the trick, that is if such a thing exists?

And would it be worth the bother anyway?

Thanks

Neil