Re: [LUG] An 'open source manifesto' to counter the ICT cuts

On 21/07/10 22:47, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 21/07/10 21:48, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> .
>>>>

>>> I don't think that's going to work, they've just recently taken on a
>>> technician and they've made a big investment in the school.  I'm looking
>>> at maybe putting my time to use in other volunteering aspects such as
>>> the Exwick Community Centre (finishing it off), Lighthouse (um... trying
>>> to get something done other than banging my head against a brick wall)
>>> and what not.  Oh and I've also got to fit in part time work, kids and
>>> my wife's work/volunteering around that too.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>
>> With the lighthouse we need a) sponsorship and b ) client computers c)
>> networking kit,  cables, switches etc, and time / expertise to put it
>> together
>>

>> they are busy enough trying to raise money at the moment so I think the
>> internet cafe is a nice idea,  but if it is actually achievable i don't
>> know.
>>
>> Paul
>
> Well if we can arrange a few hours we can possibly get the machines they
> had working as client PCs, although it's probably worth taking over a
> spare PSU.
>
> Any news about the networking kit yet?
>
> Rob

Now that I have finished work I will ask about it

sorry been too busy and getting fed up with the rugby club as I am
trying to arrange courses and no one replies to their e-mail

Paul

--
Next Paignton meeting - Saturday 7th August 2010 - 3pm Lighthouse, Paignton,
Next Holsworthy Meeting -  Saturday 21st August @ The White Hart,

Thursday 22nd Tea Party 2pm - 5pm
Saturday 31st Salsa Night 8pm - 12:30
please e-mail devonmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more details.

SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2010
SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2010  - LIGHTHOUSE, PAIGNTON