Re: [LUG] An 'open source manifesto' to counter the ICT cuts

On 21/07/10 21:48, Paul Sutton wrote:
.

I don't think that's going to work, they've just recently taken on a
technician and they've made a big investment in the school.  I'm looking
at maybe putting my time to use in other volunteering aspects such as
the Exwick Community Centre (finishing it off), Lighthouse (um... trying
to get something done other than banging my head against a brick wall)
and what not.  Oh and I've also got to fit in part time work, kids and
my wife's work/volunteering around that too.

Rob

With the lighthouse we need a) sponsorship and b ) client computers c)
networking kit,  cables, switches etc, and time / expertise to put it
together

they are busy enough trying to raise money at the moment so I think the
internet cafe is a nice idea,  but if it is actually achievable i don't
know.

Paul

Well if we can arrange a few hours we can possibly get the machines they had working as client PCs, although it's probably worth taking over a spare PSU.

Any news about the networking kit yet?

Rob