Re: [LUG] Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] Rob Beard interviewed!

On 21/07/10 22:29, Paul Sutton wrote:
Found this ok Uk ubuntu list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10701101

Well done Rob! Nice interview.

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.

Ahh yeah, I was going to post the link earlier, been a bit tied up this evening.

It was quite a surprise actually, I comments on a story about this Big
Society thing mentioning what we'd done in Exeter with regards to the
LTSP installation at the Exwick Community Centre.  I got an e-mail from
one of the BBC News team asking if I'd like to do an interview.

I did mention that it wasn't just me, there was a few of us involved but I think they've not gone in to much detail, in fact I did talk about Open Source and Linux too but I guess that was getting a bit off topic.

Still I guess they got what they needed. They asked me how I managed to volunteer alongside work etc. I mentioned that luckily my wife who volunteers is happy enough to look after the kids when I do things and I do the same when she's out doing things although I can see how for a lot of people these days with busy lives might not be able to spare much if any time, I know I struggled a bit when I was working full time plus on call hours too, luckily with a few people working on the Exwick project it hasn't been so bad, just requires a bit of coordination to get everyone in one place for a few hours (something which sometimes is easier said than done :-) )

Rob