Re: [LUG] most graphically impressive live-cd - for a windows user to try

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

Neil Stone wrote:
Roland Tarver wrote:

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The first thing I tend to do it disable anything that's going to steal
my resources.. then I recompile everything, after turning off the stuff
I don't want.. but that's just Gentoo for ya..

Sounds good to me Neil. I have much to learn before I can do that
myself. But I will...

best wishes
roly

Manual pages included.. in fairness the documentation is much much
better than it used to be.. the fun bit comes when you assemble your
assembler and compile your compiler, oh and link your linker.. and wget
wget etc..etc..

<4 Yorkshiremen>You compile your compiler, when I were a lad I used to polarize the individual bits on my discs, by hand, in the dark with nothing but the earth's magnetic field </4 Yorkshiremen>

Discs? You had discs? Luxury! When I wur a lad, we had to memorize binary instruction set and use our teeth to puch paper tape ...

Gordon