Re: [LUG] OT - placebos

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 14:32 +0000, bas wrote:
<snip>
> trouble is with what you are saying is that all things replaced arent
> possibly any better than the "old" one. cant really understand your logic.
I understood the argument to be that you can't be certain that something
new is better unless you have a measurement on some objective scale AND
have agreed what measurement is better, rather than that nothing new can
possibly be better than something old.  It's a very different thing -
and I'd like to point out that (to return to the point) if you perceive
your setup to be "better" after changing something, then it doesn't
really matter if it's actually changed as long as you consider the level
of improvement to be worth the cost.