Re: [LUG] OT private parking

On 26/11/2009 17:43, Steph Foster wrote:
Although now Sainsbury's in Newton Abbott are displaying signs saying that people parked in disabled bays
who aren't blue badge holders are at risk of being clamped.

I don't know if they actually would be but the threat is there.

Another problem I see is that there is a difference between being "Registered disabled" and having a blue badge and one can be registered disabled without having a blue badge.

Steph

Yep it's the same in Torquay too. I'm assuming it's the same in all the Sainsbury's stores. They also have a policy about parent and child spaces too, if you don't have a child you can get fined £50. I'm not sure exactly how they know, in our case it's a god send as our youngest is 3 and doesn't walk very far although sometimes we do have to walk across the car park when it's busy.

What does annoy me is the folks who park in the parent and child spaces when they have teenage kids with them. If we go anywhere and we have any of our elder kids in the car (aged 7 to 15) and not our youngest then we park in a normal space and walk. In fact when our youngest gets to about 5 ish we'll probably get her to walk a bit further too.

Rob