Re: [LUG] OT private parking

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 16:30 +0000, John Williams wrote:

> Some people qualify for a badge because their conditions are such that
> they may have good days and bad days (arthritis perhaps).
My wife has severe arthritis and uses a scooter or painfully on crutches
- so if she has no free bay she cannot shop without difficulty. There
are people who have a hidden condition such as heart problems and can
walk short disctances without obvious problems. Alas there is also
misuse of the blue badge. My wife helps anyone who needs one get one and
Disability Living Allowance.

Interesting how this OT grew. My initial interest was a reply answering
why I was concerned about the impending legislation - in respect only of
the scam that is presented as a legitimate Fixed Penalty Notice (which
can be ignored) and the even more disporportionate and expensive wheel
clamping (which cannot be ignored) which is not legal in Scotland - and
only in a private car park into which you are invited.

James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk