Re: [LUG] OT private parking

, but claiming they do not deserve a blue badge
ON THE DAY THAT YOU SEE THEM is very closed minded. or a lack of
thought. You would have no idea of any pain they are suffering despite
showing no outward sign of impediment.
Quite so, unless you have Xray vision how would you know.

As well as Arthritis I also have heart disease. I am limited by how far I can walk without experiencing pain but unless you knew me you would not neccessarily be able to tell.

I do think its criminal that an ordinary driver may park in a disabled
bay and face nothing more than a normal fixed penalty fine (at worst...
supermarkets do nothing at all) however  misuse of a blue badge (such as
it accidentally remaining on display from a previous day) when the
disabled person isn't in the car nets a £1000 fine.
Although now Sainsbury's in Newton Abbott are displaying signs saying that people parked in disabled bays
who aren't blue badge holders are at risk of being clamped.

I don't know if they actually would be but the threat is there.

Another problem I see is that there is a difference between being "Registered disabled" and having a blue badge and one can be registered disabled without having a blue badge.

Steph