Re: [LUG] OT private parking

tom wrote:
There was a white line! People just didn't want to play. There was no legal route that gave any satisfaction other than putting up signs and getting a clamp. Calling the council or the police doesnt get you a car when you need one or cover you for loss of income. We left before getting to that point - doing it yourself involved too much effort (credit car, letting people out at five in the morning) but you can see why people do get in clamping companies. We were 15 miles from Stansted and people would leave their cars for two weeks, come back find it had been towed and then complain - not for long I'm 6'5. I can see why people hate clampers but there must be some way of dealing with pathological parkers

Anyone who parks in front of driveways, in disabled spaces, etc should be clamped or towed. Same for too close to junctions and other dangerous and stupid places. Frankly they should also get points on their license.

Only when you are parked somewhere valid for a few minutes too long are you allowed to hate clampers. If the place you parked was never valid then you're a selfish git and you deserve everything you get and more.