Re: [LUG] Best place to buy netbook when leaving the country

Dan Lewis wrote:

> when i weant exploring in Singapore and
found this famous techi mall full of tvs, pcs etc (it was 9 floors) i looked at the prices thinking i could get a bargain and they cost more then in the uk...

You have to ask for a discount at that point.

Have to admit I wasn't that impressed either, although I did find a place selling the arcane shaped BIOS battery I needed (didn't fancy soldering to repair an ancient PC).

Colleagues out there did buy stuff at good prices, think they sent the director out to do their bargaining.

Nothing like Ebay though.