Re: [LUG] Best place to buy netbook when leaving the country

tom wrote:
Max Siegieda wrote:
Now you've caught my interest, if you buy from dixons at the airport they remove duty and VAT? what sort of waiting period needs to be gone through? if this is something like a week then i'm just gonna buy piles of stuff at the airport and drag it with me.
If its like anything else at duty free then its cheaper to buy it before you get there and pay all the taxes etc. Duty Free is for people who get up at 3 in the morning and don't realise they're being ripped off.
Tom te tom te tom

I would have thought that buying in places like Hongkong or Singapore might be the cheapest.

John W