Re: [LUG] Best place to buy netbook when leaving the country

Michael Mortimore wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:10:22 +0100, Chronoppolis <chronicdee@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> quick question, i am travelling back to new zealand in a month until next
>> year and was thinking of buying a laptop before i left depending on if i
>> could claim back my VAT. I have an inkling that this requires the
>> purchasing

 I'd imagine department stores like John
> Lewis are the likely candidates.  TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if you
> could get it cheaper online without a refund. Maybe you can get one
> cheaper in new zealand?
>
> The easiest option might be to get it duty free at the airport. Just
> ring the airport and ask what they have.

Concur. Depends on airport
Try DIXONs website as they can sell to you at airport without "duty & VAT"

Note do not try to bring it back in before the time limit or you get
Duty plus VAT on the examiner's value of goods, and they use list price
plus to deter.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald