Re: [LUG] linux in small business - articles

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Paul Sutton wrote:

At the last meeting there was talk on converting a business to OSS then
writing about the experiences for the press.

It seems that the first part of this is already happening,  would people
be willing to write about their experiences as case studies, for
possible publication.  clearly you need the permission of the client too.

Perhaps if they are written as plain text,  then it can be published in
a variety of formats,  so can be converted to .odt,  pdf, html etc,
wiki, for both website publication and download.  I could probably host
some of it,  then eventually transfer to the lug website,

The more case studies we can come up with the better, we should be able
to get stuff published in the Herald Express at least? (torbay paper)

Well, with one exception (my accounts package - quickbooks under win2K - which is being phased out), my business runs entirely on open source!

I'm possibly somewhat unconventional though...

Gordon