Re: [LUG] Etiquette was Re: And this is bad news...

james kilty wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 18:14 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
>

>> Whilst it may be wasteful, overuse of attachments is almost invariably
>> the cause of email bloat, which itself is usually a sign of a lack of
>> document managed tools and processes.
>>
> Yes - their intranet is appalling and largely ignored. My wife has
> argued for documents to be available there.
> James

IIRC attachments take up 30-50% more space than the original document.
Even small ones would cause issues then because they will use the HD
clusters much less efficiently than larger files - which to be fair
should be detached as well anyway.

Kind regards,

Julian