Re: [LUG] Online places to buy stuff ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> They've got a phone now? That was my issue with them (Dabs) No phone
> support and emails were taking 2 days to turn-around )-:
>
> Hm. Nope. Still no phone number:

Business customers only. Although they can't do much beyond what you can
do on the website anyway, they don't want business customers calling
unless it is big volume business either.

> I needed to return something. It took over a week )-:

They have an RMA option on their site - so I'm not sure why your return
took so long.

I phoned them to say don't ship a replacement, because I'd ordered a
replacement from them, they didn't, so I guess the phone works. The
website doesn't really handle returns and replacements well, you can
order goods and return goods easily.

Remember they don't want to involve a human being, so if you need
another item order it and get it in tomorrow mornings post, and worry
about the return of the faulty one at your leisure as long as you
request the RMA before day 14 or whatever the law permits.

> And er ... Are they now owned by BT?

Fortunately as far as I can tell nothing changed except where the
profits go.

Indeed BT seem to have improved since the point where I swore never to
do business with them (at least their ISP business) ever again, given
their inability to handle ISDN. Although since my exchange is not
unbundled I'm still stuck with them for phone services if I want
anything other than wireless.