[LUG] Online places to buy stuff ...

The "Plymouth shop" thread had generated a few online places to look..

On the down-side:

Personally, I had *huge* issues with Scan a few years ago, and as such I
won't touch them myself.

Used to use Dabs, but I won't use them anymore as I was never happy with
their level of support.

Won't use Wadsworth (icp) as they blatantly lie about their stock levels,
leaving me in the shit for a month once, then they accused me of
harassment! *shrug* I have all the phone calls recorded and and the
emails, but they've never taken it further...

On a more positive note...

Used eByuer in the past, as well as Dell. Find Dell awkward to deal with
but when the company you're working for says: Use Dell, you don't have
much choice...

Linitx.com is my favourite place for small systems stuff. Their
stock-control is *live* and their support excellent too. Run by 2 brothers
AIUI.

Aria.co.uk is my main place for "bigger" stuff. Everything seems to "just
work".

And for VoIP hardware - voipon.co.uk are hard to beat...

I did use PC world online once in the past too - and it did what it said
it would do and delivered the goods. Feels like sleeping with the enemy
though!

And if after end-of-life/refurbished stuff,
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/ are still hard to beat!

Locally - We have Moortek in South Brent who are an Acer dealer - couple
of reasonably knowledgable people there, and Bitz 'n' Bytez (I think
that's what it's called) in Ashburton - who're OK for emergency supplies
of cabling, PSUs, etc.

Cheers,

Gordon