Re: [LUG] Online places to buy stuff ...

On Sun, 31 May 2009, Simon Waters wrote:

Julian Hall wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:

Used to use Dabs, but I won't use them anymore as I was never happy with
their level of support.

Hmm... thinking of getting a monitor from them.. £113 delivered for an
Acer 22" - very attractive price :)

We use them at work.

If you use any supplier enough you get issues, and DABs were always very
good (on the business side at least).

Not sure about the concept of "support", they make money shifting boxes
in volume, the support you get is returning a product and getting
another one (or refund), if you need more support than that you probably
don't want to buy online, certainly not from DABS.

Managed to buy a SATA disk for a machine with a chipset that doesn't do
the downward compatibility thing SATA is suppose to do, rang then up ...

They've got a phone now? That was my issue with them (Dabs) No phone support and emails were taking 2 days to turn-around )-:

Hm. Nope. Still no phone number:

  http://www.dabs.com/articles/help/new-to-dabs/how-do-i-contact-you--4594.html

I needed to return something. It took over a week )-:

And er ... Are they now owned by BT?

Gordon