Re: [LUG] Online places to buy stuff ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Personally, I had *huge* issues with Scan a few years ago, and as such I
> won't touch them myself.

Never had a problem, although they're not my main supplier.
> Used to use Dabs, but I won't use them anymore as I was never happy with
> their level of support.

Hmm... thinking of getting a monitor from them.. £113 delivered for an
Acer 22" - very attractive price :)
> Used eBuyer in the past,
I always look on Ebuyer first - great prices and good service.
> Aria.co.uk is my main place for "bigger" stuff. Everything seems to "just
> work".

Used them a couple of times lately and no problems :)
> I did use PC world online once in the past too - and it did what it said
> it would do and delivered the goods. Feels like sleeping with the enemy
> though!

heh... I've actually bought three computers from them.. but ONLY when I
knew exactly what I wanted anyway and they happened to be cheapest.  One
desktop when mine died Dec 23rd 1998 (yep day before Xmas Eve!) and two
laptops.  After sales support was good - HD in the desktop went south,
replaced within two days on-site.  I *must* point out though that I
bought the desktop through PC World Business so that may account for the
good service.  Both laptops were very well priced and the spec I
wanted.  Sounds like I'm trying to justify using PC World doesn't it?
:)  Really just making the point that if you know what you want you
*can* get bargains from them.

Also CCL Computers http://www.cclonline.com/ are a good place to look.

Kind regards,

Julian