Re: [LUG] Online places to buy stuff ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> The "Plymouth shop" thread had generated a few online places to look..
>
> On the down-side:
>
> Personally, I had *huge* issues with Scan a few years ago, and as such I
> won't touch them myself.
>
> Used to use Dabs, but I won't use them anymore as I was never happy with
> their level of support.
>
> Won't use Wadsworth (icp) as they blatantly lie about their stock levels,
> leaving me in the shit for a month once, then they accused me of
> harassment! *shrug* I have all the phone calls recorded and and the
> emails, but they've never taken it further...
>
> On a more positive note...
>
> Used eByuer in the past, as well as Dell. Find Dell awkward to deal with
> but when the company you're working for says: Use Dell, you don't have
> much choice...
>
> Linitx.com is my favourite place for small systems stuff. Their
> stock-control is *live* and their support excellent too. Run by 2 brothers
> AIUI.
>
> Aria.co.uk is my main place for "bigger" stuff. Everything seems to "just
> work".
>
> And for VoIP hardware - voipon.co.uk are hard to beat...
>
> I did use PC world online once in the past too - and it did what it said
> it would do and delivered the goods. Feels like sleeping with the enemy
> though!
>
> And if after end-of-life/refurbished stuff,
> http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/ are still hard to beat!
>

> Locally - We have Moortek in South Brent who are an Acer dealer - couple
> of reasonably knowledgable people there, and Bitz 'n' Bytez (I think
> that's what it's called) in Ashburton - who're OK for emergency supplies
> of cabling, PSUs, etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gordon

Can someone add this sort of information to the lug wiki please,  login
with uid / password (sent out once a month) go to the wiki and edit or
create the appropriate page,  then others can add to this.  I am sure
there is a page for hardware on there,

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday ** June 6th ** : 3pm,  Shoreline
Cafe Paignton