Re: [LUG] Google Chrome, anyone?

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I've not tried ff 3.5, but have been using minefield (3.6 beta) for some
> time - I think Chrome is faster with javascript than minefield, but not by
> much.
>
> http://unicorn.drogon.net/tab1.png
>
> and
>
> http://unicorn.drogon.net/tab2.png

I assume the plethora of resize controls is the standard in your Window
manager? So it is behaving like a normal application.

On MS Windows it is always blue, whatever the MS Window theme. There are
"themes" around, but they need to be applies separately. The blue is
also not the default Microsoft blue, and so it looks like it has focus
even when it doesn't - ugly.

So it looks like non-Windows users have escaped the worst here.

> Natwest bank doesn't like it (surprise!)

Yeah, but Natwest bank objects to "Iceweasel" - thank goodness for User
Agent Switcher.

Been thinking there may be "yet another way" ;)

> Oh and their claims about being separate processes to not cause a total
> crash if one browser instance crashes are bolox - hit control-f as I did
> to try to pop up a 'find' ... All windows exited )-:

Firefox is pretty good anyway - the main issue stability issues seem to
be badly written extensions, and memory leaks. Be interesting how the
next version fairs.

Chrome on Windows is fairly stable at browsing, but crashes and burns if
the issue is in core Chrome happily.

 Simon