Re: [LUG] Debian on an Acer Aspire One ...

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Paul Hirst wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 12:29 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Ray Smith wrote:
>
>> And her desktop box is now completely OSS userland with the exception of
>> needing ie7 to access her work gateway - anyone know if Citrix Access
>> Gateway can work under Linux - she's got one of those RSA keys to use with
>> it too, I don't know much about it, but it seemed to want to download and
>> run some exe to make it all work... Not actually tried it under Linux yet,
>> but if it does work, it means we can dump XP on her desktop... :)
>
> I use the Citrix metaframe client with an RSA token under Linux using
> Firefox on Ubuntu. Is this what you are talking about?

I think so, but don't really know the details. This is for access to her
work - DCC ...

> If you install the sun JRE than the java version of the client works
> straight away. I get that by installing the ubuntu-restricted-extras
> package.
>
> Also you can download the native client from the citrix website. It
> comes as an RPM or a tarball. I use the tarball. It comes with a simple
> text based installer which does the job of integrating it with firefox.
> That also works well, except in my case I got an error message along the
> lines of.
>
> 'You have not chosen to trust the Thwarte certificate ...'
>
> I found by downloading the thwarte root certificate set from the Thwarte
> website and dropping it into the certs folder under the Citrix install
> it then worked perfectly.
>
> I had some issues with Compiz in the past with citrix windows
> disappearing when I switched viewport so if you see that you might want
> to try disabling compiz. I haven't seen it yet on Intrepid so it might
> be fixed but then I try not to use Citrix more than I have to.

Not used Compiz, tried to get it to work on my own desktop & laptop and
failled miserably, so left it.

Thanks for that. I'll see if we can give it a whirl sometime soon!

Cheers,

Gordon