Re: [LUG] Debian on an Acer Aspire One ...

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 12:29 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Ray Smith wrote:

> And her desktop box is now completely OSS userland with the exception of
> needing ie7 to access her work gateway - anyone know if Citrix Access
> Gateway can work under Linux - she's got one of those RSA keys to use with
> it too, I don't know much about it, but it seemed to want to download and
> run some exe to make it all work... Not actually tried it under Linux yet,
> but if it does work, it means we can dump XP on her desktop... :)

I use the Citrix metaframe client with an RSA token under Linux using
Firefox on Ubuntu. Is this what you are talking about?

If you install the sun JRE than the java version of the client works
straight away. I get that by installing the ubuntu-restricted-extras
package.

Also you can download the native client from the citrix website. It
comes as an RPM or a tarball. I use the tarball. It comes with a simple
text based installer which does the job of integrating it with firefox.
That also works well, except in my case I got an error message along the
lines of.

'You have not chosen to trust the Thwarte certificate ...'

I found by downloading the thwarte root certificate set from the Thwarte
website and dropping it into the certs folder under the Citrix install
it then worked perfectly.

I had some issues with Compiz in the past with citrix windows
disappearing when I switched viewport so if you see that you might want
to try disabling compiz. I haven't seen it yet on Intrepid so it might
be fixed but then I try not to use Citrix more than I have to.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.