Re: [LUG] Probably old hat

> Tom Potts wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM&feature=channel
>>
>> windows matrix
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>
> It needs to be updated to reflect vistas constant asking "are you sure"
>
> Wonder what annoyances will be in version 7.
>
> Paul

Actually Vista doesn't keep constantly asking are you sure.  Yes UAC is
annoying in the respect it's security done badly but in every day use it
doesn't constantly ask me if I'm sure I want to do something, and not
really much more than Ubuntu does.

What is annoying about my soon to be dumped installation of Vista is
that it seems to have screwed up the print spooler and every so often it
starts spooling documents to the printer but not actually printing them.
  At first I thought it was a bug with PDF Creator but it's happening on
both my home printer and Palm's network printer I have attached.  It
seems to spool one document every second, last night when I went to bed
it had spooled around 1800 documents.  Now that takes a whole whack of
memory (even with 4GB!) and the poor laptop was almost cooking itself as
the CPU was being maxed out and the swap was being all but filled up.

Due to this I'm now backing up my data and planning a complete reinstall
(probably a combination of Vista, Ubuntu and Windows 7).  Times like
this I wish I had a bigger hard drive (250GB just isn't enough when you
have 62GB of Wedding Video filling up your hard drive).

Rob