[LUG] Debian on an Acer Aspire One ...

I've just installed Debian Lenny on wifeys AAO...

I have to say, it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do - certianly
*not* something I'd ever expect her to be able to do in a million years -
even though she has installed XP on a box in the past...

So while she's happy to use it, running xfce4, open office, firefox and
thunderbird (aka iceweasel/dove) there will still be a job for us geeks to
do...

I actually suspect part of what made it harder for me was never having
used a "modern" window manager. (I use fvwm - been using it for the past
16 years) Working out how to lock applications to the task bar (wossat
then?) was tricky - initially, and installing the right wi-fi stuff. I
ended up compiling a custom kernel for it too and removing 100's of
packages that really aren't needed, and while it boots in under a minute,
it's way longer than the original 15 seconds that Linpus Lite booted in..

Still, that's progress for you!

Gordon