Re: [LUG] CnM MiniBook experience ?

2009/1/25 tom <tombrough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Although I'm not here to promote CnM, I think what I am trying to say is
> that the CnM minibook IS a step away from the x86 monoculture and have
> taken on board the spirit as well as the letter of GPL.

That's not what I'd heard from people who worked with them. As I
understood it CnM were not very forthcoming with the build environment
to make is possible for others to reflash the device. This may of
course have changed since the last time I spoke to them (October).

For endusers there will be two (admittedly proprietary) issues with
this device. The fact that it doesn't run Flash or Skype. Whilst I
appreciate that freedom lovers will not be bothered by this, the fact
is that your average joe in the street _does_ feel the need to use
this stuff. If it's not available they'll take it back and possibly
even blame Linux for having "no flash or skype" support, when in fact
it does.

Cheers,
Al.