Re: [LUG] CnM MiniBook experience ?

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alan Pope

It's probably because the CPU is not intel x86 compatible. It's a
MIPS-like device. As such you can't put Windows or many other Linux
distros on it.

There is of course debian mips, but as I understand it there are some
issues with installing that on this device at the moment.

Might be a fun device for a geek to play with, but I wouldn't inflict
this on a friend.

Cheers,
Al.

--
I had a play with this in maplins Plymouth store. Not very impressed unless
you just want the basics with no option to tweak or customise.

Thats why I'm ordering the aspire one in a couple of days. PC sold,yay..

Ray