Re: [LUG] CnM MiniBook experience ?

2009/1/25 Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Its an interesting looking toy but  "The minibook comes with a version of
> Linux pre installed on a chip inside the minibook. It is not possible to
> remove, upgrade or re-install on this chip." could lead to security problems
> later  if there is a bug in the OS that gets exploited.

It's probably because the CPU is not intel x86 compatible. It's a
MIPS-like device. As such you can't put Windows or many other Linux
distros on it.

There is of course debian mips, but as I understand it there are some
issues with installing that on this device at the moment.

Might be a fun device for a geek to play with, but I wouldn't inflict
this on a friend.

Cheers,
Al.