Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> Any chance of setting up another meeting like we had a few years ago in
>> totnes, to promote this, from what i heard this went well but nothing
>> seemed to happen after wards.  Something to discuss here.
>>
>> If someone can come up with a brief synopsis of the event, what its
>> about, room requirements, etc, I can ask around some of the hotels in
>> Paignton and see if anything can be arranged.   Its then up to the group
>> to use contacts to arrange / organise talks, etc.
>>
>> Paul
>>

> You mean Computing For Profit?
>
> IIRC that was in September/October last year.
>
> Mark Cross was involved with that one, not sure if he's still on the
> list?  (I haven't spoken to him in a few months).
>
> Rob

Yeah,  thats the one,  if anyone is up for something like this, perhaps
we need to start a new thread,  so people can put their name down,

given that we now have both members and their families using Linux based
systems it may a be good to invite them along too, so people can talk to
them too, as its easy for us to say its easy to use,  but if you talk to
someone who just wants it to work and they say its easy it helps spread
the cause.

Paul