Re: [LUG] Scottish firm pays out £120,000 over unlicensed software

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> Problems would come if eg
>
> - one license was bought for use on one computer
> - No one read the license agreement
> - 3 other people then used the software very occasionally on their computers eg
> when the main user was on holiday
>
> Would this mean that they would have to buy 3 more licenses?
I would guess 'yes' as it's installed on more PCs than it's licensed
for, regardless how infrequently it's used.  One way round that would be
to use hot-desking so that while the main user is away someone else can
use the software *on the same PC* without compromising the security of
the main user's data.  The same situation would occur if the main user
was ill for any length of time.

Kind regards,

Julian