Re: [LUG] Ubuntu - a rabbit in the EULA headlights

2008/9/15 Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>>
>> discussed by the OSI too. Good to see both organisations at least
>> thinking about the issue pro-actively, and not waiting until they
>> themselves become target to these requirements (kind of a moot point
>> for OSI, I guess).
>
> I don't think there is much thinking needed.
>
> Debian are maintaining a fork of the software with restrictions removed,
> it would seem sensible to co-operate on that.

Seems like it would be a sensible approach to me. But then common
sense seems to be in slim supply lately.

> Longer term I doubt Firefox or minor forks of it, will be the browser of
> choice. Webkit has better standards compliance, and v8 is a faster js.
> So I assume Chrome will be good. Epiphany already is faster (less XUL),
> and has a nicer user interface.

Chrome isn't something I would choose to use (I think I naturally turn
away from huge corporations, but Google's online services are
increasingly making me worry about a huge number of different issues),
other Webkit browsers are showing a lot of potential though, like
Arora :)