[LUG] Touchpad thingy driving me nuts!

Hi all,

The touchpad thingy on my laptop is driving me crazy!  It has a very
handy feature where I can turn it off (useful for prolonged keyboard use
so you don't accidentally click on something), but when I press the
button again to re-enable the touchpad it always brings up the Ubuntu
Help Centre.  I've tried looking through the XEV output when doing this,
but there's so much in there it's hard to know where to look.

Anyone else had this issue?  Any thoughts on resolving it (short of
leaving the touchpad off and using a mouse!)?

Cheers.
Grant.