Re: [LUG] Ubuntu - a rabbit in the EULA headlights

>> I will no longer be recommending Ubuntu. Until Ubuntu drop FireFox, I
>> regard Ubuntu as non-free. (I stopped recommending FireFox before Etch
>> was released.) The same is true of Fedora and SUSE and anyone else who
>> continues to distribute a modified version of FireFox (even if the
>> modifications are entirely related to the packaging requirements of the
>> distribution concerned). Firefox on my Aspire1 is doomed - Debian is
>> imminent.

The issue has just come up on the fedora-advisory-board list, and
apparently it's being discussed by the board/Red Hat, and Michael
Tiemann (not sure that's spelt correctly) informs that it is being
discussed by the OSI too. Good to see both organisations at least
thinking about the issue pro-actively, and not waiting until they
themselves become target to these requirements (kind of a moot point
for OSI, I guess).

Jon