Re: [LUG] Ubuntu - a rabbit in the EULA headlights

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> discussed by the OSI too. Good to see both organisations at least
> thinking about the issue pro-actively, and not waiting until they
> themselves become target to these requirements (kind of a moot point
> for OSI, I guess).

I don't think there is much thinking needed.

Debian are maintaining a fork of the software with restrictions removed,
it would seem sensible to co-operate on that.

Longer term I doubt Firefox or minor forks of it, will be the browser of
choice. Webkit has better standards compliance, and v8 is a faster js.
So I assume Chrome will be good. Epiphany already is faster (less XUL),
and has a nicer user interface.