Re: [LUG] OT: Lax Bureaucracy [Was Re: TV Licensing]

On Monday 12 November 2007 22:45, Julian Hall wrote:
> james kilty wrote:
> > However, as an ex-nurse, she
> > knows there are many with invisible disabilities - dicky hearts and so
> > on, which means they can't walk very far.
>
> True, and I think I discounted those in my comments :)  I'm talking
> about the type who jump out of the car and walk briskly off, or worse
> carry a heavy bag off with them.  It's generally fairly obvious if
> someone is unable to walk too far, as they conserve their energy; they
> don't leap out of the car and hurry off but take their time to make the
> most of the energy that they do have.  The ones who annoy me are those
> who roar up in a car which you just *know* a disabled or infirm person
> is highly unlikely to have, leap out with their bag and rush off to the
> shops, not those that your wife mentioned with no visible disability,
> but can only manage a hundred yards or so without running out of breath
> (for example).
I have to confess (with some glee) to the only time I've ever been applauded
in public:
I had spent 20 minutes driving around the sainsbury car park in Ipswich on a
blisteringly hot day and finally found a parking space. As I was about to
enter a blonde in a porche 911 shot into a disabled parking bay and ran into
the shop. I lost it and let two of her tyres down and stood up to a round of
applause from about a dozen other sweaty shoppers.
Not to be encouraged but the best fun I'd had for a long while.
Of course my motives were completely wrong and I should be ashamed of myself
but.....
Tom te tom te tom