[LUG] TV Licensing

I see that the TV licensing are now sending out renewals by email: has anyone had
any problems?

Full instructions are

        Step 1. Once you have purchased your TV Licence online you will receive a
confirmation email.

        Step 2. Within three to five working days, we'll send a second email telling
you how to view your TV Licence online. DO NOT DELETE THIS EMAIL or the attachment
until you have successfully viewed your TV Licence. Click on the attachment to
display the page in your web browser.

        Step 3. Now simply click on the 'Read Message' button on the web page (this
stage of the process allows us to validate your identity and ensure that your
private information is protected).

        Step 4. A new page will be displayed with a message informing you that an
email has been forwarded to your inbox.

        Step 5. Open the email and click on the link inside to be taken to a secure
web page showing your TV Licence. Make sure you ONLY CLICK ONCE as multiple clicks
will invalidate the link. Please note this link is only valid for 30 days. So you
may want to save a copy of your licence by clicking 'File', then 'Save As', choosing
a destination folder on your computer. Or you can print a copy if you prefer.

(For what its worth, if you are over 75 and therefore do not have to pay, apparently
you still need to renew your license every year. I am not sure why...)

--
Henry
Mon Nov 12 09:56:45 GMT 2007