Re: [LUG] OT: Lax Bureaucracy [Was Re: TV Licensing]

james kilty wrote:
> However, as an ex-nurse, she
> knows there are many with invisible disabilities - dicky hearts and so
> on, which means they can't walk very far.
True, and I think I discounted those in my comments :)  I'm talking
about the type who jump out of the car and walk briskly off, or worse
carry a heavy bag off with them.  It's generally fairly obvious if
someone is unable to walk too far, as they conserve their energy; they
don't leap out of the car and hurry off but take their time to make the
most of the energy that they do have.  The ones who annoy me are those
who roar up in a car which you just *know* a disabled or infirm person
is highly unlikely to have, leap out with their bag and rush off to the
shops, not those that your wife mentioned with no visible disability,
but can only manage a hundred yards or so without running out of breath
(for example).

Kind regards,

Julian