Re: [LUG] Windows Authentication

> Search - Ubuntu kerberos Active Directory authentication
>
> Here's what you want -
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/HOWTO:_Configure_Ubuntu_for_Active_Directory_Authentication
>
> I set something similar up with a 2000 Server and a Mandrake file server
> fish out authentication) a la Karoshi, along with a few mandrake client
> machines.  Karoshi really is a great package and by now should have some
> of
> what you are looking for in regards to tying in the ubuntu clients to AD.
> just had a quick peak and they provide documentation for this very thing
> now.  www.karoshi.org.uk
>

> --

Thanks for all the replies - you've given me several things to try out.
I'm now downloading the Karoshi server OS to try out. It would be good to
get another server set up here anyway to help take the load off of the 2K3
server so I'll see what this can do.
You'd have thought though that this would be a more straight forward
process as I'm sure a lot of businesses would like to bring in the odd
Linux box or 2 to try out on their network so integration and
authentication with their existing Windows network is crucial.
I'm sure this'll improve with time though, heck - just look at how far
Linux has come in the last 5 years.
I'll post back and let you know how I get on...
Cheers all,
Matt.