Re: [LUG] vlp torrent server

On 8/10/07, Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-08-09T22:21+0100 Rob Beard wrote:
> > Now that sounds like a smart device.  And it runs Debian?
>
> Yes
>
> > What processor has it got?
>
> ARM
>
> http://static.natalian.org/2007-07-03/slug.txt

I brought one of these to James BBQ last August.

Be warned though they only have 32Mb memory and run at 266Mhz so don't
expect the world but as various servers etc they are fine. You can add
more memory but its **realy** hairy. But they are pretty cool for
other things

As for debian support, the debian installer is now available as a
Flash image so just flash that and debian installs its self (with
external storage such as HD).

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk