Re: [LUG] Programs which start on login

On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:18:29 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In most cases, simply copying or symlinking the PHP files to /var/www
> is sufficient for you to view the results at http://localhost/

I have looked at /var/www and there are two folders there,
apache2-default and phpmyadmin.  Which php gives me /usr/bin/php. So I
just add a link in /var/www which points to /usr/bin/php. Is that
correct?

>OK if there is no other way.
>
> It's actually a very bad way to test - it's long winded, it's prone to
> error and it means that 90% of the time, your website is just plain
> broken.

Why would my web-site be broken? I upload my test files to a folder
named temp on my site and then, in a browser, I use
websitename/temp/filename.php and it runs as expected or I get an error
message. When I open my website normally the temp folder is ignored.

Thanks for the help

Neil Winchurst