Re: [LUG] BT broadband

Neil Williams wrote:
> It's very difficult to extrapolate from GNU/Linux to TV - just as it is
> to music and other media.

Agreed I was just trying to draw a broad parallel in concepts of
'choice' - one TV provider = no choice.  Like when we had BT or nobody
for telephone - charges were astronomical.  Now we at least have more
options (region dependant I admit).
> There has to merit in that. I'm in Plymouth, home of Eurobell before
> they became Telewest - I can't get cable despite living within 5 miles
> of what was Eurobell HQ. Even where cable exists, support is patchy at
> best.
All I can suggest is that now the company has changed hands, and Virgin
do actually care about their customers, try giving it another go.
Branson may be willing to put money into it, especially if he can say to
Murdoch 'Neener.. I've got another few thousand customers you're not
getting advertising for'.  Childish, but possible.

Kind regards,

Julian