Re: [LUG] Proprietary software and drivers welcome here

Well, it's been a while since I've seen the DC Lug list explode like
this, and also it's been a long time since I posted.

Quoting Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Ignore the Free Software Police and their zealotry. I want to make it
> clear that 'what works for people' is what matters here.

I couldn't agree more, I'm not afraid to say I use proprietary
software, in fact I'm proud to say I that I have the choice and
understanding to be able to use both, and I have been for years since
people like yourself and Alex Charret introduced me to Linux as an
alternative to Windows and also as a tool to solve problems alongside
Windows or any other OS.

> Helping people solve their problems, getting the most out of their
> system, knowledge and software, and generally being friendly are what
> I'm here for.

Wasn't that one of the original goals of the list? Well when it first
started, it was definatly was more like this.

Pete Hatton