Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Julian Hall wrote:

> Bottom line is what Tom said; If you are happy with your system, that's
> all that matters.  In the same vein as religion, I strenuously object to
> people who try to convert me to their way of thinking, with Linux as
> soon as I hear someone say 'You can't use anything other than free
> software' my reply is 'Just watch me.  If the open source community
> cannot provide the answer to a need then I will go elsewhere.'  End of
> sport.

We can't tell people they cannot run things.

We can tell people we won't support such things. Distributions
can also not distribute non-free software.

Speak to the people who maintain X and ask them about how binary
drivers effect them? They get countless bug reports and support
emails from people who are using proprietary drivers that cannot
be fixed.

I find it a shame so many people on this list are still talking
about "Linux" and "Open Source" too. Perhaps that is part of the
problem.

matt