Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On 26/03/07, Matt Lee <mattl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> We can't tell people they cannot run things.

You seem to be trying to.

> We can tell people we won't support such things. Distributions
> can also not distribute non-free software.

*you can*, or you can just not take part in any discussion beyond
suggesting a free, when approproate.

> I find it a shame so many people on this list are still talking
> about "Linux" and "Open Source" too. Perhaps that is part of the
> problem.

Linux was what it was called when I first started using it, because
Linus created a basic operating system and bundled it with GNU stuff
to make it useful.

Open Source is descriptive and easier to understand than Free Software
and has less political connotations - for some reason rabid zealotry
can put people off.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk