Re: [LUG] Switching to Debian

On Feb 06, 2007, Simon Waters was like:

> I'd use "apt-cache show realplayer" which I think shows it if it is in
> the resources collected by "apt-get update".

No response at all. I'd hoped to find out if it is in the debian-multimedia
repositury by collecting the equivalent Packages.gz but I can't find such.

> Is sound quality okay with other apps?

I can play a CD ok. I haven't tried mixing. It's an Nvidia mobo with
on-board sound (ALC850 chip and AC'97 codec). And it works fine in Windows.
It's kind of you to persist but can I please give up now?

Tony