Re: [LUG] Lets try this at home?

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:48:21 +0000
> Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 12:22, zleap wrote:
>> > Sounds a good idea,  I have already created a cd with the following
>> > on
>> >
>> > mozilla thunderbird, firefox, sunbird
>> > openoffice. 2.1
>> > xchat 2.1
>> > putty
>> > et
>> > and alien arena.
>> >
>> there is http://www.theopencd.org/ which has a good selection of
>> software. There is some software for making labels on CDs somehow
>> (burns through to the other side I think?) but we could buy a bulk
>> collection of cdrs and last time I looked you could get them for  ~5p
>> or so - and burn them and give them away.
>> Now if theres room for puppy/dsl in there too.
>> Tom te tom te tom
>
> I'm pretty sure TheOpenCD now comes as an Ubuntu Live CD, as well as
> having the Windows versions of all those applications on there.

The OpenCD is a bit out of date just now.. they are looking to release an
updated version of the CD later this year.. it will have a new versioning
system too.. year/month much easier.. 2007/02 for example.

If anyone is interested I have access to a "Rimage" drive.. which
replicates CDs/DVDs like there is no tomorrow.. it's based in our Bristol
Office, but given enough notice (a few days) I can get a pile of CDs
done..