Re: [LUG] OS Architecture

Rob Beard wrote:
> Our Netware servers rarely need a reboot.  IIRC one of our Netware
> servers had a reboot a month or two ago by accident when my boss pulled
> the power out on the wrong system! :-P
In my old job the Networks Manager did it on purpose *g* .  He unplugged
the network cable from the secondary DNS server (I think - one of the
critical ones anyway) and then rang the NMC to ask if everything was OK:

Him:  Everything running OK?
NMC:  Yeah fine, no problems.
Him:  You sure?
NMC:  Yep.
Him:  Do me a favour and check the Secondary DNS server.
NMC:  Looks OK to me.
Him:  Have another look.
NMC:  Oh.. it's blinking red
Him: No **** I've got the 'ing cable in my hand!!

So much for the NMC keeping their eye on the ball.

Kind regards,

Julian