Re: [LUG] OS Architecture

> > Coupled with the need to reboot to update your registry.

Registry updates don't require a reboot.

Reboots are usually from issues with file locking, which Microsoft does
in a very single user operating system fashion.

Reboots are also sometimes required to load kernel components, or key
libraries (Both on Windows and GNU/Linux).

My suspicion is that many GNU/Linux boxes aren't rebooted often enough,
in that applications may be left running using vulnerable versions of
libraries, because they weren't restarted when the library was upgraded.
There was some interesting discussion of this on Debian Administration,

If you want an OS with less requirements to reboot, Solaris isn't bad,
and there are some others with even less need to reboot.