[LUG] OS Architecture

Hi All

I have been watching with fun Apple's latest ad switcher campaign. It
can be found at:
<http://www.apple.com/getamac/>

Having watched the adverts I can see who they are aiming at and so
they keep it light hearted. However, I was wondering more technical
reasons for switching and came up with two thoughts.

1. The registry - it seems to me that a central storage of your
computers info is asking for trouble. It is like a magnet to some
cracker. Coupled with the need to reboot to update your registry.
2. Ports - my understanding is that Windows ships with ports wide
open, Macs, Linux, close them down.

Are the above correct please? Any other thoughts please?

Thanks.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk