Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:58:09 +0000
> David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> They seem to be doing well and expanding.  The better internal card readers
>> connect directly to the USB connectors on the mobo, some earlier models had
>> long leads which connected to the rear usb sockets.  I bought my floppy/card
>> reader from MISCO but they don't seem to have restocked the item.
>
>>> I will get back to you re the outcome.
>>>
>> Will look forward to that.  My latest case, an <Antec>, has a very robust set
>> of connectors from the front panel to the mobo and the usb sockets have
>> worked happily with various hardware items.
>>
> I have started my research, only the chap who built my machine is away
> until Tuesday.
>
> Meanwhile I have been looking at my USB ports info using kinfocenter. I
> find that I have one marked EHCI with a speed of 480 Mbits/s. The other
> three are marked OHCI with a speed of 12 Mbits/s. When I asked at the
> shop I was told that all my USB ports should be set up as USB2, so they
> should all be the same.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions about this please?

Yes dammit (sorry, 3rd attempt at sending this)- try plugging it in
without X running, or at the very least press ctrl+alt+f1 and try it
with X in the background.

What do you get if plug it in while tailing /var/log/everything? (tail
-f /var/log/everything) (might be a slightly different name (if there is
no everything then try messages)).